Each month, Coast Monthly visits with some of the most charming people on the Texas Coast to see a few of their favorite things.
Sheri Williams was born in Corpus Christi and spent most of her young adult life in Galveston. She comes by her sea legs naturally.
When time permits, the Texas City resident and co-owner of HomeTown Properties likes to escape with her husband, Tom, to their bay house in Terramar Beach in Galveston.
Williams has a flair for interior decorating and likes to create a mix of vintage and modern with some architectural embellishments thrown in.
An avid reader of mystery and crime novels, she likes suspense and not knowing what’s about to happen. Two household members that do like knowing what’s about to happen are the family dogs, Teak and Bunny, who get excited when it’s time for a walk on the beach.
For work, Williams dresses casually, adding just the right amount of accessories, often with a pop of turquoise.
“In the summer, I like dresses best because they are cooler,” she said. “But in the winter, I wear jeans and blazers.”
Here are a few of her favorite things:
1. Petite baby grand piano: “This is a Franz Wirth Schüler von Bösendorfer, made in 1884 in Vienna. I found it in Houston about 15 years ago. I enjoy hearing its melodic sound while playing hymns.”
2. Majolica vase: My grandmother got me started collecting these pieces. They were made in the 1800s in Europe.
3. Turquoise earrings: I love the color turquoise and have a lot of jewelry in that color. You will see a lot of turquoise items in my house.
4. Franco Sarto shoes: These are my summer go-to shoes. The clunky heel appeals to me.
5. Hand mirror: I like the sea shells and tortoise shell handle on this mirror that I got at an antique store.
6. Lenox china place setting: This is the Blue Tree pattern. Of course, it has my favorite color — turquoise.
7. Photo of parents: This was taken of my parents in 1952 on the beach in Corpus Christi just after they got engaged.
8. Brass candle holders with red candles: Every room needs just a little bit of red, especially in the living room.
9. Chair: I was attracted to the color of the iron and since it’s an outside glider, I knew I’d use it inside the house. House of Interiors in La Marque made the cushions for me.