14 country songs perfect for a Texas wedding first dance
1. “I’ll Name The Dogs” by Blake Shelton, 2017
Lyrics you’ll love: Watch the sun set from a gravel road. Kiss me in the kitchen on your tippy toes.
2. “Hands On The Wheel” by Jerry Jeff Walker, 1986
Lyrics you’ll love: With no place to hide, I looked into your eyes and I found myself in you.
3. “Nobody Knows Me” by Lyle Lovett, 1989
Lyrics you’ll love: I like eggs over easy with flour tortillas and nobody knows me like my baby.
4. “My Best Friend” by Tim McGraw, 1999
Lyrics you’ll love: You stand by me and you believe in me like nobody ever has. When my world goes crazy, you’re right there to save me. You make me see how much I have.
5. “Swept Away (Sentimental Version)” by Avett Brothers, 2004
Lyrics you’ll love: Well life is ever-changing, but I can always find a constant and comfort in your love.
6. “If I Needed You” by Townes Van Zandt, 1972
Lyrics you’ll love: If I needed you, would you come to me, would you come to me and ease my pain. If you needed me, I would come to you. I’d swim the seas for to ease your pain.
7. “Heavenly Day” by Patty Griffin, 2007
Lyrics you’ll love: The smile on your face, I live only to see. It’s enough for me, baby, it’s enough for me. Oh, heavenly day, heavenly day, heavenly day.
8. “Here, There And Everywhere” by Emmylou Harris, 1975
Lyrics you’ll love: I want him everywhere. And if he’s beside me I know I need never care.
9. “I Do” by Jessie James Decker, 2013
Lyrics you’ll love: You found me in the darkest night. You’re my angel, you saved my life. I can’t believe we’re standing here.
10. “Cowboy Take Me Away” by Dixie Chicks, 1999
Lyrics you’ll love: I wanna sleep on the hard ground in the comfort of your arms, on a pillow of blue bonnets in a blanket made of stars.
11. “You Had Me From Hello” by Kenny Chesney, 1999
Lyrics you’ll love: It was over from the start. You completely stole my heart, and now you won’t let go.
12. “The Dance” by Garth Brooks, 1989
Lyrics you’ll love: Our lives are better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I’d have had to miss the dance.
13. “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley, 1961
Lyrics you’ll love: Take my hand, take my whole life, too, for I can’t help falling in love with you.
14. “When You Say Nothing At All” by Alison Krauss, 2002
Lyrics you’ll love: The smile on your face lets me know that you need me. There’s a truth in your eyes saying you’ll never leave me. A touch of your hand says you’ll catch me if ever I fall. Now you say it best when you say nothing at all.