Each month, Coast Monthly visits with some of the most charming people on the Texas Coast to chat about their style.
Liz McKim is 6 feet tall with pink hair and has a style she owns.
As a licensed esthetician and representative for Benefit Cosmetics, the League City resident specializes in eyebrows and her passion is helping women look and feel their best, she said.
Newly married to Seth McKim, the twosome is now a threesome after adopting Jax, a 6-year-old Chihuahua/terrier mix.
“His owner had died and we just fell in love with him,” Liz McKim said.
She doesn’t worry about wearing high heels — Seth McKim is 6 feet 9 inches tall. She embraces her height and especially her pink hair, she said.
“When I go out, women do a double take, and often say, ‘I wish I could do that,’ and I tell them, ‘You should.’”
The McKims enjoy the Galveston coast, especially the Hotel Galvez and the soothing sounds of the Gulf waves.
She describes her style as eclectic and expressive.
Here are a few of her favorite things:
1. Jax: Our rescue dog, Jax, has brought a lot of joy into our lives. We love him dearly.
2. Lipstick: Melted Matte by Too Faced is highly pigmented, rich and plumping, and the mauve “Queen B” shade is perfect for me.
3. Tennis shoes: I wore these Converse rose gold tennis shoes under my wedding dress. I like sparkly things, so they went well with my style.
4. Christmas ornament: We bought this on our honeymoon in the Bahamas. It has a lot of sea symbols, and we put it on our tree last year.
5. Wish jar: When our wedding guests were signing the guest book, the jar was nearby so they could write a wish for us and put it in the jar. Now we can read them and reflect back on that day.
6. Recipe book: Everyone at my bridal shower hand wrote their favorite recipes, put them in this book and gifted it to me. Two faves are my mom’s beer beef, and corn casserole from my sister-in-law.
7. Beach bag: Pink is my favorite color, so this one with a silver handle suits me. I take it to Stewart Beach when we go to Galveston.
8. Apron: It says, “Happiness is only a Cupcake Away” and I love to bake — especially cupcakes. I also make a pretty good apple pie.
9. Perfume: Gucci Bloom is my favorite perfume because it’s very fresh and floral, and smells like summer. I wear it all the time.
10. Heart necklace: This is a Swarovski necklace; the first gift Seth gave to me when we were dating, so I really love it.