Each month, Coast Monthly visits with some of the most charming people on the Texas Coast to chat about their style.
Although a Dickinson resident, Tracey Ranck is temporarily living in La Marque in her parents’ guest house as she rents out her home to friends whose property sustained Hurricane Harvey damage.
As business development officer for Stewart Title in Galveston, Ranck is hooked on real estate.
“My dad owns commercial property, so I’m really intrigued by it,” she said.
Ranck grew up wanting to be a nurse, possibly even a doctor, but got sidetracked. She earned a Fitness and Human Performance degree and opened up a personal training studio.
“I just like to do things that interest me,” said Ranck, who also sells Park Lane jewelry.
Working in Galveston gives her an opportunity to enjoy the Gulf of Mexico. She also enjoys looking at the historical photos on the walls of Stewart Title depicting life in the 1800s and early 1900s.
She describes her fashion style as classic — she adores pearls — but will throw in a few trendy items.
Here are a few of her favorite things:
1. Pink purse: This Furla jelly purse with gold chain shoulder strap is similar to one I had in high school. Everyone kind of laughed at it then, but now they don’t. I take it everywhere.
2. Swimsuit: I got this online from Zaful. I love the color, scalloped design and texture, and especially like it because it’s high-waisted with one shoulder. Even though we’re going into October, swimsuit weather lasts a long time on the coast.
3. Half marathon medal: I’ve done three; two were in Disney World and this one is from the Aramco Houston Half Marathon. I really like to run and work out.
4. Boots: I don’t wear cowgirl boots at all, but when I saw these, I fell in love with them. Black suede with colorful embroidery on the heel and around the sole, with a bright red zipper down the back. I can wear them anywhere.
5. Coffee cup: I saw the movie, “Beauty and the Beast,” when I was little and it’s my favorite film of all time. Plus, I’m a very serious coffee drinker, even though I hated coffee when I was a kid.
6. Shell people: This reminds me of my dad, because we all grew up playing cards together. It truly represents our family time over the years.
7. Blazer: I got this gold sequined blazer from Victoria’s Secret online and have worn it to concerts, holiday events and parties. It always brings a lot of compliments.
8. Bracelet: I’ve had this for about five years and wear it a lot. It’s a Kate Spade sunglasses bangle bracelet and I wear it when I’m in Galveston, which is basically all the time, since I work in Galveston.